How you can help.
Twenty-four hours before seeing your practitioner refrain from using moisturisers and oils. Do not undertake vigorous exercise that will overheat the body e.g. keep fit, sun beds, hot baths etc. This also applies after treatment. If you need to re-schedule your appointment, let your practitioner know as soon as you can.
Don’ts for next 24 hours after treatment to avoid any reactions
- No swimming, sunbeds/sunbathing or tanning treatments
- No hot baths/showers saunas
- No perfumed creams, perfumes or deodorants
- No tight clothing or synthetic clothing
- Do not scratch area treated if skin does becomes itchy and apply a cream to sooth and soften, or call your practitioner for advice.
- Do exfoliate the skin after 3 – 4 days to soften the skin and to stop ingrown hairs then after, 2 – 3 times per week ongoing or whenever you have a bath or shower!
- Do apply soothing creams containing Aloe Vera, cucumber or antiseptic creams containing Tea Tree or eucalyptus oil.
- Do wear cotton loose clothing to avoid irritation for 24 hours.
Ongoing treatment plan
- Do contact your practitioner if you have any concerns or reactions.
- Apply moisturiser regularly to keep skin soft and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Do Make regular appointments to maintain finer tapered hair growth
- IN ADDITION, AVOID THE TEMPTATION TO SHAVE!